- No mentally ill person shall be subjected during treatment to any
indignity (whether physical or mental) or cruelty.
- No mentally ill person under treatment shall be used for purposes
of research, unless -
- such research is of direct benefit to him for purposes of diagnosis
or treatment, or
- Such person, being a voluntary patient, has given his consent
in writing or where such person (whether or not a voluntary patient)
is incompetent, by reason of minority or otherwise, to give valid
consent, the guardian or other person competent to give consent
on his behalf, has given his consent in writing, for such research.
- Subject to any rules made in this behalf under Sec.94 for the purpose
of preventing vexatious or defamatory communications or communications
prejudicial to the treatment of mentally ill persons, no letters or
other communications sent by or to a mentally ill persons under treatment
shall be intercepted, detained or destroyed.
<<Previous Chapter >>Next